Pages

Wednesday, 7 April 2010

BOUND / POISON I.V.

Once, just once I would like to see where I'm walking,
because right now... once again
my feet are entangled in the brambles of confusion
Not so difficult to break free from... More of an inconvenience.
So if i focus hard enough I'm sure I can easily kick and shake these pesky brambles away.
But my energy and motivation to do so have long since left here.
Fear steadily transforms the brambles into thick ropes which bind me further
And threaten the possibilty of stagnation in this state of confusion.
Fear thickens and tightens these thick, heavy ropes around my ankles,
And they ascend like millions of interwoven vines of posion ivy
that are causing my skin to itch
And now thorns begin to prick my skin and rip my flesh
and threaten contamination ultimtely leading to emotional death
Liberty is within my reach
Wish my fingers were long enough
Wish my heart was strong enough
You are meant to be that stitch that seems so minute
but can ultimately cause my very foundations to collapse at the seams....

Or so it seems...

4 comments:

  1. I like this piece, very visual. I can feel the hurt and a sense of you being in a certain position with no direction to guide your journey.

    Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how it felt. A combination of reality and how my anxiety manifested in a dream I had. Glad that it translates well, xx

    ReplyDelete