Wanted to feel the softness and intensity of an intimate exchange.
Wanted to tug you by your collar,
or put my hand in your pocket and firmly draw you close.
Look you dead in your pupils -- look right within you -- then through you -- then completely consume you.
The other night I dreamt that we lay by the riverside among the comfort of friends, unashamed and unrepentant.
We lay side by side, your bare torso served as my pillow.
Your calloused hands stroked my skin
as I draped my leg over yours and allowed my fingertips to dance along the outline of your breast plate.
I didn't want to let you go when you hugged me the other day.
Tried to lose myself in your embrace and drink in your musky scent for as long as possible.
But the result was simply a brief cuddle as you left me to dwell in the remains of your sweet odour.
The other night I dreamt that as I stood preparing food
I sensed your presence behind me. You wrapped your arms around my core
whispered honey in my ear, placed your face on my shoulder and nuzzled in the ticklish part of my neck.
I didn't want to hang up the other day.
wanted to talk until my mouth was dry and my throat was hoarse.
Pretend as if I didn't have to get up early the following morning.
But any hopes of finding out more were cut short by the person talking to you in the background, followed by the awkward pause.
Lost my courage... and my train of thought.
The other night I dreamt that you told me everything. With your mouth, with your eyes, with your gestures. And in turn you wanted to know everything, wanted me to give you everything.
So I gave you everything. And more.
Yesterday your greeting was different.
Your aura stiff.
You nonchalantly said hello and promptly retreated into that place that I am all too familiar with.
Fleeting eye contact and considerable distance maintained.
And I was left baffled, not knowing which expression to place on my face.
Wondered whether I should voice my confusion or allow the silence to remain.
Last night I couldn't sleep... So I didn't dream.

lovely.... really
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteYES carol, YES!!!! Love this!
ReplyDeletePow!! That was an emotional read... I could smell him, which made me want to almost taste him. Well done on the imagery, I like it. A lot. Keep on. C
ReplyDeleteThank you Ambulurr!
ReplyDeleteThank you Comfort! Taste him aye? *cough*
Appreciate the love. If you love reading it, I'll keep sharing it xxx
Oh...I like this poem the most.
ReplyDeleteImagery toh bad.!
Thank you @ThaLyricalPrimus.. stay tuned for more! =]
ReplyDelete