Pages

Thursday, 23 December 2010

Sleeplessnessism...

PEOOW!!
PIIIINNG!!
FIAOOWW!

Ricocheting off the walls.
Too much energy.
120miles per hour, regardless of the hour.
Too many thoughts overlapping, overcrowding, crashing.
Brain is shouting but I need to reduce my giggles to the lowest level
Sure by now that the neighbours know my name for all the wrong reasons...

A feat such as containing my energy would be incredible,
as my current energy level is inexplicable... unbelievable... unfathomable.

Jump up.
Look at my beside table in the search of anything able to enable my surrender to my duvet.. my bed, double... memory foam pillows... ridiculously comfortable... But of no interest to me now.

Go figure.

Hot drink? Tea?
No... even the slight level of caffeine in a cuppa will serve as an upper...
Hot chocolate? Now we're talking.. But...
Just saying 'Hot Chocolate' conjures up thoughts that are highly inappropriate..
 *giggle*

Okay, Carol, STOP! For real... It's 3am now.
Waiting for sleep to hit me
Sandman! Come get me, before my fingers begin to feel itchy and pick up the BlackBerry, scrolling through the phone book containing names of those who have long since left my vocabulary, confined to just a memory... that this unrest may bring back to life.

What time did I wake up?
DAMN. Woke up mid-afternoon. Ate breakfast as the sky became dark.
This can't be right...
Every night, the same thing
Thinking that a midnight bite might sort things...
But it never does.
Just increases my appetite... and provides yet another boost of energy.

Tweet, Tweet.. Who's up?
MAN.
This is no fun when everyone seems to be drifting off to the land that I wish I was in...

What's wrong with me?
What can I do.... Exercise maybe??

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

OUCH! Stubbed the corner of my baby toe on the door frame whilst doing lunges...
the same door frame that I already know has a thing for that particular part of my toe.

DAMN!!

Clutch my foot and clench my jaw. Release.
Lord bring me piece.... I mean PEACE. PEACE!

Ohhhhh!! *sigh*

Father forgive me
Send me to sleep...
Not for eternity please!
I'll repent for my inadvertent blasphemy.

Part of me believes that once my husband is sent to me, my inexplicably boundless energy will be redirected accordingly(!)

UnGodly hours = unGodly thoughts.

Okay, so... Midnight snack?
Nah, I take that back... Trying to be healthy, eat healthily.

My bed must be calling me... So why can't I hear it.
TV? DVD? Movie?

Would any of these soothe me to sleep... Or will the TV just end up watching me. Again?
Let's give it a shot.

Point the remote to the Sky Plus box. Oh, I like this show! Let me just... lay on the sofa for a bit..
Yeah.. that's it.. Ooooh, I like this bit

*YAWN*...

...the bit where, she, the umm... *yawn*

Eyelids droop...  fingers edge closer to the bowl on the floor containing half an ice cream scoop.

Roll over. Sleep wins again.

GAME OVER.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...hilarious. Catherine "Caprice" Ohemma.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE it! thats me on most nights hahahah

    ReplyDelete