SLEEP!
Where for art thou?
I would be appreciative if, at some point, you could grace me with your presence
rather than teasingly breaking me off with taster sessions
so that I think my irritability lessens... but only ever so slightly.
Yes! I sleep lightly
but that does not mean you have the right
to completely deprive me
of entry into the Land of Nod.
Hold me!
Envelop me in your soothing allure
Let us rekindle our now seemingly distant bond
I feel wronged by your prolonged absence
I need more!
I envy those who know you so well
and have the opportunity to verbalise appreciation with a snore.
... is that my alarm bell?
Without you, I'm zoned out... blurred haze hovers around me
Why have you not yet found me?
Nothing makes sense
the school kids on the bus make a sneeze seem like a cyclone
and a word sound like a bellowed sentence
I feel like I'm at Glastonbury...
but its just the sounds of Tinchy playing from a mobile phone.
Power naps on the daily commute will NOT suffice!
Let's just forget about any previous turbulence experienced between us.
Just... 'mek me feel nice'
Too much on the brain,
Fully switched on in the night... Fully fledged member of 'Insomniacs Unite'.
By sunrise I'm running on empty...
bloodshot eyes are fast becoming an ugly representation
of my exhausting plight
Woe is meeee!
bloodshot eyes are fast becoming an ugly representation
of my exhausting plight
Woe is meeee!
Snooze... I said SNOOZE, dagnammit.
No energy left to fully shine my light
So sleep... Come see me some time
Do me right.
*crosses fingers*
Good night.

Interesting read...newbie here,be sure to come back for more!
ReplyDelete