Pages

Tuesday, 15 November 2011

BitterSweet Dreams

For years I have dreamt.
Plagued by disturbing images that leap from my subconscious
and follow me through my day.
I've seen forgotten faces.
Remembered familiar feelings.
Embarked on countless incomplete journeys - delayed trains, diverted buses, missed planes.
Apocalyptic scenarios, where I'm the only one who knows Earth's fate.
And as much as I try to escape I always return to try and save the others.

Recurring dreams of an absent Mother
or a dead Father.
Perpetually saying farewell.
Always seems as if something is slipping away.
Aimlessly chasing.
Reluctantly waving.
Mournfully wailing.
Maybe my subconscious is saving all the heart-warming thoughts
for those really cold winter nights.

Its getting darker.
My pillow beckons.
The laptop, the TV and AuROARa can only hold me upright for so long.
I never surrender to it. Not intentionally.
But tonight, when it descends... and it will, I'll continue the epic fight against my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment