Pages

Monday, 15 March 2010

RE-AWAKENING - Fight or Flight???

WOW! Been a while since I felt this way... the almost, kinda, sorta instantaneous connection with another. The memory of which seems distance, yet... I cannot forget the feeling... it can be described as an addictive yet toxic substance that very quickly becomes a necessity for existence.. okay, maybe not existence, more like a necessity to.. mmm.. actually, more of a feeling that I feel necessary for me feel human... once again.

A relief to know that I'm not made of stone, as I tried to convince myself of all this time. A relief to know through a brief interaction, the smallest indication can confirm that my innate ability to identify and connect has not been completely eliminated by the experience that is life. But I'm struggling with what some may call the 'basics'... to communicate. Should I let my eyes, my gestures, my poise communicate where words fail me? Or should I somehow find a way to form a coherent... an eloquent and relevant topic of conversation? Although my preference leans towards the latter option, my heart, gut, mind, imagination, common sense and mouth refuse to co-operate and operate in unison... So I'm left to rely on my nerd-like disposition to fill in the gaps... the gaps being the interaction in its entirety.

Finding difficulty to even have you near me.. a mixture of familiar scents that were once a regular occurrence to my senses, have hit me all at once.. fight or flight... FIGHT or FLIGHT?

My interpretation of every motion, every interaction is intense... and I'm drawn into the power of attraction before I even get the opportunity to decide on an appropriate response... what if I'm wrong? What if this is just a fleeting moment of intensity that seems so powerful , being as it is in direct contrast to how my life has been up until this point? What if the initial attraction is not reciprocated - but, wait.. how is that possible when I feel chemistry that causes my gut to flutter.. I can't be wrong... can I?

One can argue that my instinct cannot be wrong as I have not felt this for so long... if at all... so why do I feel so vulnerable and afraid? So cautious, don't want to force it... falling into an uncharacteristically sedate state. FIGHT or FLIGHT?? And so begins the debate...

No comments:

Post a Comment